Friday, March 16, 2007

Full Moon

Today marks the first full moon of the new year, 566. During the new year celebration, one of the older ma'ta's of my guild suggested that I reflect upon the moon for guidance. I found this interesting, given our dedication to the Sun. But it makes sense as I look upon the shimmering brightness of this night's full moon. The moon reflects the light of the sun, it marks time and moves through space like the sun, and it gazes upon the earth like the sun. More thoughts occurred to me, but I need time and... reflection... to fully understand them.

It also reminded me of a lullaby my mother used to sing.
I see the moon and the moon sees me,
Under the branches of the great old tree.
O'er the mountains and beyond the sea,
She smiles on Sylvans where'er they'd be,
Gaia bless the moon, and Gaia bless me,
and Gaia bless the love that I feel for yi.

Eil'daen Kitaan
Winter 10, year 566 of the Lok'Groton Isles.

No comments: