Friday, March 16, 2007

Dreams of the Past

Memories of that skeletal hand... killing me over and over again as I drifted in the ethereal plane for years, they continue to haunt my dreams. Is it Necro holding me there, preventing my escape? It must be, the feeling of dread and horror are so strong! But the memories are as elusive as quicksilver and as incomplete as a cracked visionstone. Perhaps as I continue to recover my strength, those memories will return in full. I hope.

During my absence from Puddleby, my marriage seems to have evaporated. And yet I discover that there were children! Two little ones, Figwit and Wigfit. Little Figwit hides his face behind a cloak, but seems so smart. He has a passion for adventure and exploration, and a joy of life that is unmarred by time on the mainlands or first-hand experience of Mobius' tyrannical rule. But of Wigfit, where is he? And... I do wonder, are they mine or...?

But such thoughts of little ones, when there are others to consider as well. Boo seems happy that I've returned, in a sense, but I wonder if my return has brought back memories of an unhappy time for her. And Largo... he believes that I left of my own volition, and abandoned them when they needed me most. Perhaps, someday, the wounds will heal.

Eil'daen Kitaan
Autumn 75, year 565 of the Lok'Groton Isles

No comments: